If you are just contemplating photographing your first wedding or if you are a seasoned pro, there is plenty in this class that will help you to photograph with the skill and confidence you need. Instructor Bruce Clarke condenses his experience in one intensive weekend of fun and photography.
Bruce will walk you through a wedding from beginning to end. Starting with techniques to better communicate with your bride and groom and proper planning to eliminate surprises and maximize the potential for great photographs. You move on to learning detailed techniques for each segment of the wedding day including the pre ceremony getting ready pictures, the church ceremony, the portrait session and the reception. Learn when to use a photo journalistic approach and when to take charge and direct your photo session.
During the Wedding Photography Class, posing and lighting techniques are demonstrated with a live model. You will learn and practice photographing with natural light and flash photography. Proper posing of a Bride, Groom, couple and groups are demonstrated in this class.
We finish with a segment for those who wish to enter into wedding photography as a business. Different options for presenting your photographs to the client are discussed as well as various pricing concepts to ensure that you are profitable.
What You Will Learn During our Wedding Photography Class
- Introduction to wedding photography
- Equipment consideration for wedding photography
- Planning ahead for the big day
- Portraiture versus photojournalism
- The wedding day
- Planning for the portrait sessions
- Selecting locations for the portrait sessions
- Understanding light
- Flow posing
- Traditional and modern posing
- Photographic composition
- Prices and marketing
What to Expect
- 12 hours of classroom instruction
- Lunch on both days
- Certificate of completion
- Small group size, limited to 8 participants
Prerequisites for the Wedding Photography Class
- Digital Camera Fundamentals Class or equivalent experience
- (Recommended) Photography Fundamentals Class or equivalent experience
- Bring your whole kit: camera, lenses, flash, and tripod
- $350 Canadian Dollars (plus GST).
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
- MacCosham Lofts – #203, 10301 – 109 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically