Join professional wedding and portrait photographer Bruce Clarke for a hands-on photography class that will provide you with the opportunity to learn studio lighting from basic set-ups to advanced configurations, equipment and techniques.
Learning to photograph in a studio environment can seem a daunting task. This class is designed to demystify the studio equipment and provide you with hands-on opportunities to gain an introduction to studio lighting and techniques.
What You Will Learn
- Studio set-ups
- Lighting Equipment
- Backdrops and props
- Hot lights versus strobes
- Mono Lights versus Speed Lights
- Metering in studio
- White balance
- Basic portrait set up
- Essential modifiers
- Key light, fill light, hair light
- Overview of light sources
- High key lighting
- Low Key Lighting
- Creating mood with light
- Controlling the background
- Gels and accessories for modifying backgrounds
- Grids, Spots, cutters, gobos, mirros and more
What to Expect
- 12 hours of classroom instruction
- Multiple sessions to photograph models using studio lighting set-ups
- Hot lunch on both days
- Certificate of completion
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
- Digital Camera Fundamentals Class or equivalent experience
- DSLR with an external flash hot shoe
- Formatted memory card
- Providence Renewal Centre • 3005 – 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- $300 Canadian Dollars (plus tax).
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically