Join professional photographer and instructor, Sandy Weatherall for our Introduction to Adobe Photoshop Class; based in part on the book "Photoshop for Lightroom Users" written by Scott Kelby. This class will immerse you into Adobe's Photoshop software. With Adobe's introduction of the photographer's bundle, it makes sense for photographers to subscribe to the monthly plan and keep current with versions of Adobe Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic CC, the full version of Photoshop CC and Adobe Bridge.
During our Introduction to the Photoshop Class, we'll spend the entire course together helping you learn about developing a workflow in Photoshop. We'll assume that you're using Lightroom to manage your images while turning to Photoshop to do the sort of manipulations that Lightroom cannot perform on its own. This is the most common and popular workflow that photographers employ.
This class allows you to have hands-on practice with images that we will supply. You'll learn how to optimize your images to make them look their best, process large collections of images and learn the techniques you'll need to find those images in the future. Additionally, we'll discuss best-practice techniques for ensuring that your image collection sticks around and survives a hard drive crash or other calamity.
This class is targeted towards photographers with a novice level of experience with Photoshop and is part of the curriculum for our diploma courses.
You will need to bring a computer (Mac or Windows, Laptop or Desktop) loaded with the latest edition of Adobe Photoshop CC Software. Adobe Photoshop Elements is no longer acceptable as it is no longer supported by Adobe. If you don’t wish to purchase or subscribe to the latest edition prior to taking the class, you may install the free 30-day trial version of the software. Please visit Adobe’s web site to download the 30-day trial version.
It is imperative that you download and install the software BEFORE coming to class. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Please note that there are links to register for BOTH our INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOSHOP class and the INTERMEDIATE level class. The Intermediate level class is not being offered at this time. Please ensure that you are registering for the correct class.
The workshop given by the Burwell School of Photography is a fantastic workshop which I would recommend for anyone who wants to start learning the Photoshop program, brush up on their skills or anyone who wants to better themselves within the photography world. This course is excellent for either amateur photographers who are trying to pick up some new skills as well as avid photographers to go over their Photoshop skills and learn faster ways at doing things/different ways of using the program. There is something within the program for every one. Thank you very much for allowing me to take part in this very informative program. <<==>> Michael N.
What You Will Learn During the Class
- Essential Photoshop Tools & Techniques
- Transferring images from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Working with Smart Objects
- Re-touching Portraits
- Compositing Multiple Images
- Special Effects
- Sharpening your Images
- When to leave your photo in Lightroom instead of sending it to Photoshop
What to Expect
- 12 hours of expert classroom instruction
- lots of hands on practice with the instructors assistance
- Both days include a hot lunch
- Certificate of completion
- Workbook to keep
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
Prerequisites for the Class
- basic knowledge of Adobe's Lightroom software is reccomended
- Recommended - Current subscription to Adobe's Creative Cloud Photography Plan ($10 USD/Month)
- ability to copy a file from one folder to another (USB flash drive to your computer harddrive)
- be able to competently work with the computer mouse and keyboard (click, double-click, ctrl-click, shift-click, etc.)
At a minimum, you'll want to have...
- A Mac or Windows computer (either a desktop or laptop) with the latest version of Adobe's Photoshop CC software installed on it.
- You will need to bring this computer to class
- Providence Renewal Centre - 3005 - 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- $325 Canadian Dollars (plus tax) for the course which includes lunch on both days
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically
Please note that there are links to register for BOTH our INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOSHOP class and the INTERMEDIATE level class. Ensure that you are registering for the correct class.