We’ve had numerous requests to offer a pet class and we’ve been able to do just that!
Sandy will help you learn that there is a huge difference between making a cute “snapshot” of a pet and making a compelling portrait. This class will help you learn to exercise your patience and love of animals while making skillfully crafted portraits.
Using a combination of classroom lecture, demonstration and hands-on exercises, Sandy will help you learn the techniques she uses to produce her stunning pet portraiture images.
Please note: this class will focus on dogs at this time; but owners of other types of pets are more than welcome as you’ll surely benefit as well! (We don’t prefer one animal to another and actually love cats, but making a cat relaxed in a classroom is an art form unto itself, and mixing cats and dogs might create photographic opportunities of a different kind altogether, so for now, our models will be exclusively dogs).
What You Will Learn in our Pet Photography Class
This is a 12 hour lass that covers a large number of topics around the photography of pets (specifically dogs) including:
- Equipment considerations
- Understanding animal behaviour and necessity of creating a stress free environment
- Communicating with animals during a photography session
- Setting considerations
- Stylistic choices with aperture and shutter settings for creative compositions
- Lighting considerations
- Posing and perspective
- Photography session tips and techniques
- Developing a personal style
What to Expect
- 12 Hours of Instruction
- Demonstrations with dog models and the opportunity for hands-on photography practice
- Hot lunch on both days
- Certificate of completion
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
Equipment Required for our Pet Photography Class
- a digital SLR or camera with interchangeable lenses with fully adjustable manual controls
- a lens or lenses covering at least moderate wide angle to short telephoto focal lengths
- students should be familiar with their camera settings and how to use it in Aperture Priority and/or Manual mode
- recommended class is our Digital Camera Fundamentals or equivalent
- Providence Renewal Centre • 3005 – 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- $300 Canadian Dollars (plus tax).
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically