Join professional wedding and portrait photographer Bruce Clarke for a hands-on photography class that will teach you about using your electronic flashes off camera.
Very few subjects will look their best when attempting to photograph with on-camera flash and it is only by getting your flash off the camera that you can begin to produce some stunning images.
Off Camera Flash — I expected to feel like my head was swimming with information after the course, but instead I felt like I had a real understanding of how to use my flash and begin to use it more creatively. I like how Bruce made sure we knew the foundations before we move on. – Donna B-K.
Off Camera Flash — Aside from the learning, and inspiration provided by the instructors I love the atmosphere in these classes. ===> Kathy P.
What You Will Learn During our Off Camera Flash Class
- Knowing your flash – flash fundamentals
- Differences between ambient and flash
- How to get your flash off camera
- sync modes
- bounce flash
- Shutter drag
- Calculating Exposure
- Shooting wireless
- Lighting direction and quality
- lighting ratios
- Flash modifiers
- Additive, subtractive, reflective, diffuse. How to see and shape light
- Opportunity to implement the techniques discussed in class by photographing a model
What to Expect
- 12 hours of classroom instruction
- One of the following textbooks (depending if you are a Nikon or Canon user) a $50 value
- Hot lunch on both days
- Certificate of completion
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
Prerequisites for the Off Camera Flash Class
- Completion of Digital Camera Fundametals Class or equivalent experience
- Digital SLR Camera with a flash hot shoe
- One or more External Flash Unit(s)
- Tripod (Optional)
- Wireless Flash Controller (Optional)
- Providence Renewal Centre • 3005 – 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- $350 Canadian Dollars (plus tax).
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically