Join former Professional Photographers of Canada’s Photographic artist of the Year for Alberta, Darlene Hildebrandt for a Night Photography Class. This course will teach you to make compelling images during the time of day most people don’t try to photograph: night time.
Darlene will teach you about the equipment required along with the different technical considerations that are necessary when photographing at night. The class also includes a field trip that will provide you with hands-on experience under Darlene’s watchful eye to capture interesting images at night.
What You Will Learn During our Night Photography Class
- how to photograph at night using long exposures
- what equipment you need for night photography
- the technique of painting with light
- using alternative sources of light to your advantage
- using a small flash(es)
- do’s and don’ts
- look at sample images using all these techniques
- what problems you might encounter and how to solve them
- a field trip to give you hands-on experience with Night Photography
What to Expect
- 8 hours of classroom instruction
- 3 hour night photography field trip
- Weekend classes include a hot lunch or dinner consisting of a choice of main course, 2 salads, soup, side dishes and dessert
- Certificate of completion
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
Prerequisites for our Night Photography Class
- Digital Camera Fundamentals Class or equivalent experience
- (Recommended) Photography Fundamentals Class or equivalent experience
Equipment Required for our Night Photography Class
- Camera which allows manual control of shutter speed, aperture and ISO settings
- A tripod capable of supporting the weight of your camera equipment for extended periods of time
- A cable release or wireless shutter release
- Providence Renewal Centre – 3005 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- $275 Canadian Dollars (plus tax).
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically
Phone 780-669-1261 or toll-free at 1-877-778-1745