Do you want to up your game in studio maternity posing and lighting? Build on your skills, or develop a whole new technique with Maxine and Shellaine.
Maxine and Shellaine run this class in their beautiful commercial Spruce Grove studio
Posing and lighting are the keys to flattering maternity portraits, and you will learn both in this one-day informative workshop. Attendees will have the chance to photograph a maternity model, and then a real client.
What You Will Learn in Our Maternity Portrait 1 Day Workshop
- how to prepare your client, before they even enter the studio.
- how to white balance, properly expose and compose strong images.
- camera and equipment settings.
- high key lighting sets-up.
- low key lighting, silhouette lighting.
- posing the pregnant client.
- posing couples.
- editing both high key and low key images.
What to Expect During the Workshop
- small class size, limited to 8 attendees (teacher-student ratio of 1:4)
- the opportunity to photograph two pregnant models
- the opportunity to pose a model yourself, once the basics have been taught, and to ask questions
- catered lunch
- the opportunity to edit your images along with Maxine and Shellaine, take notes, and learn their processes
- a dSLR or Mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses
- lenses in the range of 24-70mm, 50mm and/or 85mm (full-frame equivalent)
- Maxine and Shellaine also use both Photoshop and Lightroom for their editing process, and if possible, suggest bringing a laptop with both programs loaded (you can download a free 30 day trial of each on the Adobe website.) Then you may follow along while they edit. Alternately you may take notes if you are not able to bring a laptop.
Prerequisites Required for our Workshop
- Recommended class is Digital Camera Fundamentals or equivalent.
- Students require the ability to comfortably photography in manual mode.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and/or Adobe Camera RAW (ACR)
- working knowledge of Lightroom.
Please note: This Workshop requires a minimum of 4 attendees or will be cancelled/postponed.
Maxine and Shellaine’s lovely commercial studio, 323 Mcleod Ave, Spruce Grove, AB
Cost of the Workshop
$650 Canadian dollars (plus tax)
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically
Phone 780-669-1261 or toll-free at 1-877-778-1745