Join a class of your peers for a many-faceted workshop that will immerse you into the world of macro photography.
We’ll spend the weekend together helping you learn about the aspects of macro photography necessary to produce compelling and well composed images.
We’ll discuss the equipment the pros use and the technical skills necessary to produce captivating images. Learning to find macro photography opportunities and develop a creative vision to separate your photos from the average. You will also learn the right digital darkroom tools to enhance your photos. Some tips for selling your images may also be discussed.
This intensive weekend course isn't just about you listening to an instructor talking about technical details, its about you getting an opportunity to try out some of the techniques discussed using your own digital camera with macro capabilities or a camera with a macro lens.
Your Instructor for the Macro Photography Class
Your instructor will be Sandy Weatherall.
Sandy Weatherall has worked in various areas of the photography industry since graduating from the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology over 25 years ago.
She enjoys photographing her favorite things in life such as pets and sports but her greatest passion is Food Photography.
You might recognize Sandy from your Digital Photography for Beginners class. She also teaches the Food Photography class, and the Photoshop for Lightroom Users class as well as this macro photography class here at our school.
Sandy has been published in food magazines and over 30 cookbooks. She also shoots restaurant menus, product labeling and marketing material for major food companies. Sandy's Jinsei Photographics web site will let you learn more about her and her photography.
What to Expect
- 12 hours of classroom instruction
- numerous opportunities to practice the different macro photography opportunities discussed
- personalized instruction by professional photographer Paul Burwell
- Macro Photography course book
- Certificate of Completion
- Delicious snacks during coffee breaks
- Weekend classes include a hot lunch on both days
- Small group size, limited to 9 participants
- Digital Camera Fundamentals Class or equivalent
- (Recommended) Photography Composition Class or equivalent
To get the most out of this macro photography class, you DO NOT require the latest and greatest digital SLR camera with a very expensive macro lens. However, there are a few pieces of equipment that you’ll require to help maximize your experience.
At a minimum, you’ll want to have
- A digital camera manufactured in the last 5 years with macro photography capabilities
- or a digital SLR camera with a macro photography lens
- a tripod capable of supporting your camera and lens
- a shutter release cable or wireless shutter release
- Memory card(s) that can hold 200-300 images.
Some optional equipment to consider includes
- an external flash unit
- extension tubes
- close-up adapter
- Providence Renewal Conference Centre
- 3005 - 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- $300.00 Canadian Dollars (plus tax)
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically