Join Outdoor Photography Canada Magazine contributing editor and professional photographer, Paul Burwell, for a many-faceted macro photography workshop that will immerse you into the world of macro photography. We’ll spend the entire weekend together helping you learn about the aspects of macro photography necessary to produce compelling and well composed images. We’ll discuss the equipment the pros use, technical skills necessary to produce captivating images, learning to find macro photography opportunities, developing a creative vision to separate your photos from the average, choosing the right digital darkroom tools and techniques for selling your images.
This intensive weekend course isn’t just about you listening to an instructor drone on and on, its about you getting an opportunity to try out some of the techniques discussed using your own digital camera with macro capabilities or a camera with a macro lens. Paul will be with you every step of the way to help you come away with the best possible images.
About Your Instructor for the Edmonton Macro Photography Class
In addition to being the owner of the BSOP, Paul Burwell is a professional photographer, writer, educator and enthusiastic naturalist with over twenty years experience working with and educating adults. He is a contributing editor and regular columnist with Outdoor Photography Canada Magazine. Paul has been a finalist in the Veolia ‘Wildlife Photographer of the Year’ worldwide competition both in 2009 and 2010 and was named a ‘Top Wildlife Shooter’ by Popular Photography Magazine in 2010.
What to Expect
- 12 hours of classroom instruction
- numerous opportunities to practice the different macro photography opportunities discussed
- personalized instruction by professional photographer Paul Burwell
- Macro Photography course book
- Certificate of Completion
- Delicious snacks during coffee breaks
- Weekend classes include a full hot lunch on both days including soup, salad, choice of main course, side dishes and dessert
- Small group size, limited to 9 participants
Prerequisites for the Edmonton Macro Photography Class
- Digital Camera Fundamentals Class or equivalent
- (Recommended) Photography Fundamentals Class or equivalent
Equipment Required for the Edmonton Macro Photography Class
To get the most out of this workshop, you DO NOT require the latest and greatest digital SLR camera with a very expensive macro lens. However, there are a few pieces of equipment that you’ll require to help maximize your experience.
At a minimum, you’ll want to have…
- A digital camera manufactured in the last 5 years with macro photography capabilities
- or a digital SLR camera with a macro photography lens
- a tripod capable of supporting your camera and lens
- a shutter release cable or wireless shutter release
- Memory card(s) that can hold 200-300 images.
Some optional equipment to consider includes…
- an external flash unit
- extension tubes
- close-up adapter
- Providence Renewal Conference Centre – 3005 119 Street, Edmonton, Alberta
- $300.00 Canadian Dollars (plus tax)
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically
Phone 780-669-1261 or toll-free at 1-877-778-1745