Delve deeper into the world of Adobe Photoshop with instructor Chris Stambaugh. In this 4-part series, students will learn more advanced and refined usage of various tools.
Many photographers rely on Lightroom to do their photo editing because Lightroom is very intuitive. Meaning that a person can open the software, move some sliders, click some buttons, and figure out how to make many adjustments fairly easily. BUT Lightroom has limitations since it does “non-destructive” editing. Adobe Photoshop is still the powerhouse for advanced editing and retouching of photographs. Photoshop can do many things that other editing software cannot.
In this series you will explore some uses of Adobe Bridge; the companion software that is included with your subscription to the Creative Cloud. In Bridge you will learn to sort and organize your images, read and manipulate metadata, and batch process multiple files to save time with repetitive tasks.
In Photoshop, students will first learn to personalize their workspace and optimize their system performance. Various modules will instruct on advanced and refined usage of common tools, focusing on selection tools, brushes, cloning and healing tools among others. Students will also practice using layers and transformation tools to create composite images by extracting elements of one image and inserting it into another.
Students will also learn to use and write actions. Essentially creating mini programs within Photoshop so that a photographer can apply the same effects to different photographs. Actions can greatly increase a photographer’s efficiency and save many hours of time.
Hands on practice retouching portraits will also be a major component. Students will learn how to remove blemishes, soften wrinkles, even skin coloration, remove shine, and create beautiful eyes.
If you have been wondering just how to take your photography to the next level, this class is a step in the right direction.
Completion of BSOP course “Introduction to Photoshop for Lightroom Users” is recommended. A basic level of knowledge in Photoshop is required.
Student MUST bring to class their own computer with current and updated versions of Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Bridge. This class is not intended for Photoshop Elements.
If you are unsure if you are ready to take this class, please call or email us for a simple evaluation.
It is imperative that you download and install the software BEFORE coming to class. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
What You Will Learn During the Class
- Advanced use of Photoshop Tools & thier various blending modes
- Extracting Items from thier backgrounds and compositing them into new designs
- Adding Text and special effects
- Advanced Techniques for Re-touching Portraits
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Graffic Design applications and special effects
- Using Adobe Bridge software as a companion to Photoshop
- Usinig and Creating Actions
- Using Textures and Overlays
What to Expect
- 12 hours of customised classroom instruction
- Snacks at coffee breaks
- Certificate of completion
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
Prerequisites for the Class
- Recommended - Introduction to Photoshop for Lightroom Users
- basic knowledge of Adobe's Lightroom software
- Current subscription to Adobe's Creative Cloud Photography Plan ($10 USD/Month)
- Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Bridge CC updated and installed on your computer
- ability to copy a file from one folder to another
- be able to competently work with the computer mouse and keyboard (click, double-click, ctrl-click, shift-click, etc.)
At a minimum, you'll want to have...
- A Mac or Windows computer (laptop) with the latest version of Adobe's Photoshop CC software installed on it.
- You are required to bring a computer to class.
- Providence Renewal Centre - 3005 - 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- $250 Canadian Dollars (plus tax)
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically