High Volume Photography is the most profitable genre of any area of commercial photography. It includes school pictures, graduations, dance, sports teams and directories. Incorporating High volume Photography into the business plan of a portrait photographer can be a key factor in achieving professional and financial success. This genre of photography generates more than a billion dollars in sales across North America and is very accessible to small, independent photographers; If you know what you are doing!
Burwell School of Photography instructor Chris Stambaugh has been involved in this area for the past ten years. He has built a very successful business around the High-Volume model and has lectured to audiences of established professional photographers, showing them how to build and expand their clientele.
In this intensive two-day workshop, Chris will show you the ins and outs of High Volume Photography. The focus of this workshop will be on basic school photography, but the techniques are applicable to any High-Volume situation.
Topics covered will be:
● Technical Aspects: What equipment will you need?
● Lighting: Creating flattering light and maintaining consistency.
● Speed Posing: High volume means working fast to maximize results. Tips to create a good, basic pose in seconds.
● Workflow: How do you keep track of and process hundreds or even thousands of orders?
● Software: What you will need.
● Green Screen Photography: A fabulous tool that will allow your clients to change or select a background, after the photographs have been taken.
● Sales: A practical discussion of the best practices for package sales, a la carte pricing and online orders. A serious look at cost - revenue = profits. Understanding how high-volume photography can also increase your high end, custom portrait business.
If you would like to become a full-time photographer who can earn a very good living with their camera, then this workshop is for you.
What to Expect
- 12 hours of classroom instruction
- Plenty of hands-on practical exercises
- High Volume Photography course book
- Certificate of Completion
- Hot lunches and snacks during coffee breaks
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
- Completion of the Burwell School of Photography Digital Camera Fundamentals class or an equivalent course or practical experience including the ability to work with your camera in manual mode
- Providence Renewal Centre
- 3005 - 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta.
- $300 Canadian Dollars (plus tax) which includes lunch on both days
Please click on the link for a map. Our classes are taught at the Providence Renewal Centre, located in SW Edmonton, within city limits. It’s a beautiful retreat centre, situated on over 20 acres of park like grounds, and it also has a cafeteria for meals (for the weekend class). There are numerous hotels and shopping located very close by for those of you that are travelling.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically