Join Sandy for this food photography class that takes an extensive look into food photography.
With the boom in social media and the foodie craze, food photography is more popular than ever. However, food photography has the unique characteristics of being both technically and artistically challenging.
With her 25+ years of professional food photography experience, including being the photographer for the popular 'Company's Coming' cookbook series, Sandy will guide you through a series of lectures and practical hands-on photography exercises through the steps, techniques and equipment necessary to make captivating images of food. And don't worry, you'll get plenty of chances to create photographs in this food photography class. We will provide a food photographers playground of props, lights, backgrounds and other fun tools and accessories. This class covers the important technical aspects of photographing food, but more importantly you will learn the tricks of the trade in making your edibles look even better than they taste. The class is held in a commercial cafeteria kitchen so students can expertly prepare thier shots. The most fun you can have in the kitchen!
What You Will Learn
- Camera equipment for food photography
- Shooting food under studio and natural light conditions
- Deciding what food is worth shooting and helping boring food look delicious
- How to choose angles and depth of field based on types of food
- How to prep for a food shoot – ingredients, backdrops, plates and props
- Basic food styling tips and tricks
- A few special effects for food photography
- Who are you shooting for? Clients and audience requests
- Basic post production tips on editing
What to Expect
- 12 hours of classroom instruction
- Access to backdrops, props and accessories
- Handout booklet to keep
- Certificate of completion
- Small group size, limited to just 9 participants
Prerequisites for the Class
- Completion of Digital Camera Fundamentals Class or equivalent
- lens longer than 50mm, or a macro lens or 90 mm tilt/shift lens
- Tripod (Optional)
- Providence Renewal Centre
- 3005 - 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta.
Please click on the link for a map.
Our classes are taught at the Providence Renewal Centre, located in southwest Edmonton, within the city limits.
It’s a beautiful retreat centre, situated on over 20 acres of park like grounds, and it also has a cafeteria for meals (for the weekend class). There are numerous hotels and shopping located very close by for those of you that are travelling.
Cost of the Food Photography Class
- $300 Canadian Dollars (plus tax).
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically