Fashion photography is unquestionably one of the most challenging and exciting areas of photography today. A fashion photographer must learn to master their lighting, camera, production and composition skills. To succeed, they must also have a great knowledge of make-up artists, hair and fashion stylists. For the photographer that loves a fast-paced work environment combined with controlled chaos, fashion photography could be the way to go.
Through a series of classroom lectures, demonstrations and hands-on exercises, Tracy will help you learn to photograph professional models to exemplify their glamour and fashion.
Tracy Grabowski MPA, recipient of the Master of Photographic Arts designation from the Professional Photographers of Canada, presents this class exclusively focused on fashion and glamour photography portraits.
About your Instructor for the Fashion and Glamour Photography Class
Few subject have escaped Tracy’s curious and creative eye. She has explored and photographed topics from fashion to heavy industry for over 20 years with award-winning results. Tracy was awarded Best Fashion by Professional Photographers of Canada (PPOC) in 2003 and 2011, and also won Best Fashion, Provincial (Alberta), PPOC in 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002. Tracy has traveled to Europe on numerous occasions photographing for a variety of international publications. She is devoted to expanding her technical prowess and sharing her passion with her peers by educating herself and others through seminars and conventions.
Tracy is a graduate of the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology’s Photographic Technology program, and has earned her Master of Photographic Arts through the Professional Photographers of Canada. She has run her own studio since 1995.
“I see the world and people around me as one might view art in a gallery. The subjects of my work already exist. I study them and, when the moment feels right, put a frame around them and trigger the shutter.”
What You Will Learn in our Fashion and Glamour Photography Class
This is a 12 hour lass that covers a large number of topics around fashion and glamour photography including:
- Equipment considerations
- Location and studio shooting techniques
- Lighting considerations
- Working with models
- Working with agencies, make-up and fashion stylists
- Stylistic approaches
- Developing a personal look and style
What to Expect
- 12 Hours of Instruction
- Demonstrations with professional models and the opportunity for hands-on photography practice
- Hot lunch on both days
- Certificate of completion
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
Equipment Required for our Fashion and Glamour Photography Class
- a digital SLR or camera with fully adjustable manual controls
- a lens or lenses covering at least moderate wide angle to short telephoto focal lengths
Prerequisites Required for our Fashion and Glamour Photography Class
- students should be familiar with their camera settings and how to use it in Aperture Priority and/or Manual mode
- recommended class is our Digital Camera Fundamentals or equivalent
- Providence Renewal Centre • 3005 – 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- $325 Canadian Dollars (plus tax).
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically