Join renowned wildlife and nature photographer Greg Harvey for our Wildlife Photography Workshop. Spend a fun and enlightening weekend with Greg while he instructs on the various tools and techniques needed to create stunning wildlife photos.
During this intensive weekend, Greg will spend one entire day in the classroom educating you about wildlife photography. One day one, Greg often brings some exotic species to photograph in a controlled environment.
Once you have received a firm grounding in the necessary techniques, you’ll head out into the field for a wildlife photography field trip to photograph falcons and various species of owls at special farm near Edmonton. Greg will be with you every step of the way to help you come away with the best possible images. You will learn the important equipment that is needed for certain wildlife photos, the best camera techniques to capture exciting images and lots of hands on practice with some fascinating creatures. Students always leave this class with a wealth of knowledge and a few wildlife photographs that they are proud to show off!
The location of the photography session is generally within a short drive (one hour) of Edmonton. We try to carpool on these excursions to reduce our impact on the environment. Please also be prepared to offer or accept a ride with fellow students.
What to Expect
- 8 hours of classroom instruction
- a field trip to a specially selected location for a wildlife photography session
- personalized instruction by professional photographer Greg Harvey
- Wildlife Photography class handout
- Certificate of Completion
- Snacks during coffee breaks and lunch on Saturday
- Weekend classes include a full hot lunch on both days including soup, salad, choice of main course, side dishes and dessert
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
To get the most out of this wildlife photography class, you DO NOT require the latest and greatest digital SLR camera with a monster telephoto lens. However, there are a few pieces of equipment that you'll require to help maximize your experience.
At a minimum, you'll want to have...
- A digital SLR camera manufactured in the last 5 years
- A telephoto lens in the range of 70-200mm or 70-300mm.
- Memory card(s) that can hold 200-300 images.
- A computer to process the images made during the workshop.
Some optional equipment to consider...
- a tripod or monopod capable of supporting your camera and telephoto lens
- a laptop with current photo editing software installed on it like Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Photoshop or Apple Aperture.
- Most software manufacturers make 30-day trial versions of their software available for download from their web sites.
Prerequisites for the Wildlife Photography Class
- Digital Camera Fundamentals Class or equivalent experience
- $300.00 Canadian Dollars (plus GST)
- Providence Renewal Centre
- 3005 - 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta.
Our classes are taught at the Providence Renewal Centre, located in SW Edmonton, within city limits. It's a beautiful retreat centre, situated on over 20 acres of park like grounds, and it also has a cafeteria for meals (for the weekend class). There are numerous hotels and shopping located very close by for those of you that are travelling.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically