Join us for a multi-faceted course that will help immerse you into the world of Adobe's Lightroom Classic CC software. Lightroom Classic CC is arguably the best piece of software photographers can use to manage and develop their images.
During our Edmonton Lightroom Classic CC class, we'll spend our time together helping you learn about the modules of Lightroom Classic CC; Library, Develop, Map, Book, Slideshow, Print and Web. We'll explore the software from a workflow perspective and teach you to optimize your use of Lightroom for capturing, cataloging, sorting, editing, developing and outputting your images
This class allows you to have hands-on practice with my images, along with your own. You'll learn how to optimize your images to make them look their best, process large collections of images and learn the techniques you'll need to find those images in the future. Additionally we'll discuss best-practice techniques for ensuring that your image collection sticks around and survives a hard drive crash or other calamity.
This class is targeted towards photographers with a beginner to intermediary level of experience with Lightroom.
You will need to bring a computer (Mac or Windows, Laptop or Desktop) loaded with the latest edition of Adobe Lightroom Classic CC Software.
Adobe Creative Cloud software is now completly subscription based. You will want to subcribe to the Photographers Plan with includes Adobe Lightroom Classic, Adobe Lightroom CC (cloud based), Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge. Please visit Adobe's web site to download the software.
It is VERY important that you have the software installed and updated on your computer BEFORE coming to class.
Contact us with questions.
Your instructor for the class will be Bruce Clarke.
Bruce is a professional event, wedding and portrait photographer. He focuses primarily on wedding and event photography but also enjoys portrait and commercial photography.
In addition to running his photography business, Moments in Digital Photography, Bruce is also the Director of Content for the popular website and podcast This Week in Photo with Frederick Van Johnson.
What You Will Learn
- Importing photos into the Lightroom Catalog
- Organizing and managing your photos
- Customizing Lightroom
- Developing your photos
- Making local adjustments to photos
- Fixing common problems
- Portrait retouching
- Exporting images
- Converting from colour to black and white
- Creating a Slideshow
- Using the Map module to geotag your images
- Printing your photos
What to Expect
- 12 hours of classroom instruction
- Hot lunch both days
- Certificate of completion
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
Prerequisites for the Lightroom Classic CC Class
As a prerequisite for the Edmonton Lightroom Classic CC Class, you should be familiar with your computer's operating system and be able to perform the following tasks without assistance:
- copy a file from one folder to another
- be able to competently work with the computer mouse and keyboard (click, double-click, ctrl-click, shift-click, etc.)
Equipment Required for the Lightroom Classic CC Class
At a minimum, you'll want to have...
- A Mac or Windows computer (either a desktop or laptop) with the latest version of Adobe's Lightroom software installed on it.
- You'll need to bring this computer to class so that is something to take into consideration when deciding between a laptop and a desk top computer.
- A mouse is strongly recommended
- Providence Renewal Centre: 3005 - 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- $325 Canadian Dollars (plus tax)
- Once you complete this class, you will be given access to our "Lightroom By Example" on line course. (additional $100 value).
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically