Are you interested in making photography more than just a hobby? Being a professional photographer can be an extremely rewarding full time career. It is also uniquely suitable as a part time, home based business or lucrative sideline to your current employment. Whatever your business model is, you will need to know a little about the business of photography to be successful.
Instructor Chris Stambaugh has earned his main source of income from professional photography for the past 30 years. He has steered his small business through the highs and lows of the Alberta economy by applying sound business practices alongside his creative photographic techniques.
This 10-hour, 4 evening series is a must for any photographer who is just starting their own business or for someone who’s existing studio could use a boost.
In this course, participants will begin by setting short and long-term goals and defining exactly what success will look like under each person’s individual circumstances. We will work as a team to find your niche and identify exactly who your potential clients are.
We will examine statistical data for photo studios earnings and expenses; using this information to create financial benchmarks for your business. Particular emphasis will be placed on establishing good business practices, adapted to the special needs of a photography studio.
Students will engage in exercises that will help develop price lists and professional rates that make sense. Finally, you will explore the creation of an individual marketing strategy.
It is not enough to simply be good at photography. In order to have a successful business, one must have a good foundation that will support their creative talents and provide for their financial needs. This class will help you to build that foundation.
What to Expect
- 10 hours of classroom instruction
- Personalized instruction by professional photographer Chris Stambaugh
- Business of Photography course book
- Certificate of Completion
- Small group size, limited to 14 participants
- Topics include: Creating a Business Plan, Creating a Price Sheet, Sales and Marketing, Understanding The Photography Marketplace, Good Business Practices, Various Pricing Strategies, Understanding the Cost of doing Business,Finding and Retaining Clients, and so much more.
- Providence Renewal Centre
- 3005 - 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta.
- $250 Canadian Dollars (plus tax) which includes lunch on both days
Please click on the link for a map. Our classes are taught at the Providence Renewal Centre, located in SW Edmonton, within city limits. It’s a beautiful retreat centre, situated on over 20 acres of park like grounds, and it also has a cafeteria for meals (for the weekend class). There are numerous hotels and shopping located very close by for those of you that are travelling.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically