Photographing architectural exteriors and interiors takes a lot of patience and preparation.
Even though the best way to learn is to actually take photographs, we will spend some classroom time reviewing skills and theory including such things as exposure, lenses, color usage and why shooting in Raw instead of Jpeg makes more sense.
Go on location for hands on techniques
You will then be taught hands-on techniques of various exteriors and interiors on location. We will also go through a workflow using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop where you will learn to finesse your photographs for professional results.
Our Architecture Photography Class is great for realtors, home designers, and more
This class will appeal to anyone interested in architectural photography in general, aspiring or actual home designers, realtors, street photographers, commercial photographers or anyone interested in posing people within an architectural image (see the image of the grocery store at the bottom of this page for such an example) … this architecture photography class is for anyone who wants to make shooting beautiful buildings their subject matter!
What You Will Learn
This architectural photography two day weekend course will cover the following:
- Time of day best suited to capture the detail of the exterior or interior views
- Choosing the best lens for the subject
- Painting with light long exposure show home exterior dusk photos
- The difference between what is art and what the artist sees
- Perspective (depth and distance), position, framing, lighting and focus
- Choosing the best ISO for the project
What to Expect
- 12 hours of classroom instruction
- Guidance to enable you to confidently photograph architectural exteriors and interiors
- Hot lunch on both days of class
- Certificate of completion
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
- DSLR (or equivalent) Camera with external flash hotshoe
- Variety of lenses including:
- Wide angle (<=17mm on a full-frame camera, <=11mm on a cropped-sensor camera)
- Mid-range (~50mm)
- Telephoto (~200mm on a full-frame camera, ~150mm on a cropped-sensor camera)
- External flash with bounce capabilities
- Gary Fong Lightsphere Diffuser (or equivalent) recommended
- Tripod (recommended)
- Completion of Digital Camera Fundamentals Class or equivalent
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and/or Adobe Photoshop
- Providence Renewal Centre
- 3005 – 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- $300 Canadian Dollars (plus tax).
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically