Photographing people is one of the most difficult things to do and yet one of the most common subject matters.
Our portrait photography workshop is presented through an intensive 4 day workshop format that will cover many aspects of portrait photography and leave you with the knowledge and skills to create more flattering, creative and well lit portrait photographs.
Posing individuals, couples, children and groups is a main focus of this Edmonton portrait photography class. You will learn how to guide your subject into classic and casual poses to suit the mood and background of the image. We will also discuss how and why to select certain locations for your photographs so that the photograph will convey the message that you or your subject want it to.
What good is a great pose and background if the people in the photograph are not well lit? In our portrait photography classes, you will learn and practise lighting techniques using natural light, window light, reflected light, subtractive light and flash photography.
What You Will Learn
- Camera Equipment for Portrait Photography
- Studio Photography Equipment
- Portrait Lighting Techniques
- Classic Posing Techniques
- Digital Darkroom Considerations
What to Expect
- 1 Day of Portrait Photography instruction with demonstrations of posing and lighting
- 2 Days of hands-on portrait photography with a minimum of four models
- Maximum of four students per model
- 1 Day of portrait image processing and critique
- Hot lunch on all days
- Certificate of completion
- Small group size, limited to 12 participants
- DSLR camera
- external flash (recommended)
- A sturdy tripod
- Providence Renewal Centre
- 3005 – 119 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
- $650 Canadian Dollars (plus tax).
- Current currency exchange information between the Canadian dollar and your local currency is available here.
Policies and payment information are available here.
For additional information about our Portrait Photography classes, please contact us at:
E-Mail: Contact us Electronically